OneValley’s mission is to build the infrastructure for the startup and innovation economy. Today, OneValley, located in San Mateo, CA, supports 200,000+
entrepreneurs, innovators and nonprofits directly and another 900,000+ through our B2B customers by providing SaaS platforms that power many of the world’s most impactful online startup communities.
The Innovation Center Coordinator of OneValley Pittsburgh will be responsible for assisting the local team with IC Operations, Events, the Community and contribute to operational success of OneValley’s 24,000 sq. ft. innovation center in Hazelwood Green. This role provides an exciting opportunity to learn and contribute to innovative events and community efforts of a high-energy co-working space, assist members, grow partners and experience all aspects of operating a shared workspace.
The ICC will report to the Innovation Center Director, and will be required to work effectively with the distributed team across Pittsburgh, Silicon Valley, and upcoming OneValley locations. Day-to-day responsibilities include reception at the center, ensuring a clean inviting space for members and visitors, inventory and stocking of IC item needs, assisting in week of event coordination, streamlining bookings, and community engagement.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for events, community and supporting the Pittsburgh start-up community. You will have the opportunity to network in a community of innovators in Pittsburgh, execute unique and exciting events, and assist in running a beautiful space alongside a team of incredibly driven and passionate people.
This position will start ASAP and will be based full time in our stunning Pittsburgh Innovation Center.
At OneValley, we are committed to fighting systemic inequality through democratizing and decentralizing access to resources and support networks so that together we build an innovation community with diversity, love, and action at its core. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
● Customer service oriented; Welcoming members, visitors and prospects in the Innovation Center
● Leading front desk reception duties and incoming visitors to the space
● Help to maintain a clean and inviting atmosphere in the Innovation Center
● Manage incoming and outgoing mail for OneValley and all community members; answer phone and take diligent messages
● Stay up to date with current events, meetings, and happenings in the Innovation Center
● Coordinate calendars and bookings to make sure they streamlined between apps
● Assist in setup, teardown and extra hand during events in the Innovation Center
● Ensuring offices are ready for move in for new tenants
● Inventory and stocking of items in the Innovation Center
● Providing event support for both community and 3rd party events taking place at the Innovation Center. This may include events that are outside of standard work hours, such as in the evenings or on the weekend
● Assisting with projects as assigned by senior members of the OneValley IC team
● Bringing creative and innovative ideas to the space and community
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
● Administrative / Event Experience
● Willingness to work in office at the OneValley Innovation Center 4-5 days a week
● Reliable, ambitious and hard-working
● Passion for the startup space and events
● Great communication skills, both written and spoken
● Team Player; willing to take on tasks outside of your duties when called upon
● Upbeat and positive attitude
● Excellent focus and attention to detail
● Driven to provide the highest quality of work
● Excited to work in an ever changing and unpredictable environment
● Fits the OneValley culture (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, grit, flexible)
● Experience in Tech, nonprofits, real estate, or hospitality a plus
At OneValley we measure company and individual success against our values:
Our mission is our North Star and drives our business decisions.
We are fearless, seek challenges and take risks; we are flexible, adaptive and fast-moving on our journey for personal and team growth, discovery, and innovation for a better world.
We are transparent, accessible, approachable, and welcoming of new ideas and people. We value honest communication and authenticity, and speak out on what we believe is right for our people, our business, and our community.
We are dependable and support one another regardless of title or team. Everyone has a voice, and we leave our egos at the door. We have high integrity and own up to our mistakes
We enjoy the ride; we celebrate the journeys and successes of our team and teammates; we do serious work and produce serious results, but never take ourselves too seriously.